Fwd: Quantitative Archaeology Wiki

Jason Jorgenson jjorgenson@gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 14:51:18 CET 2007

Hi Everyone

I am writing some software under the GPL right now, and utilizing GRASS,
QGis, and POSTGis.  I am currently writing up a manual of sorts for my
program, but I do have questions and would appreciate some input.  As almost
all of this is directly pertinent for my thesis, is there anything I would
need to do or be aware of if I do make this all available under a GPL
license?

On another note, have you seen www.captorials.com ?  I made a couple of
video tutorials with the software, and it is incredibly easy, and hosting is
free, with no limit.  I talked with the webmaster, and he is happy to host
as many video tutorials as we can make.
Have a great day everyone

Jason

On 1/24/07, Stefano Costa <steko@iosa.it> wrote:

> On mer, 2007-01-24 at 09:13 +0100, Luca Bezzi wrote:
> > Hi Stefano,
> >
> > I am working on some tutorial about the use of free software in
> > archaeology. They should be ready for May. It is a project sponsored
> > by the University of Innsbruck and they will share the data I need to
> > write the tutorial (basically the data of the Aramus excavation in
> > Armenia). All the tutorial will be released in the FDL and posted in
> > the website of the University, but we could insert them in the wiki
> > too. Let me know if you are interested.
>
> Luca,
> this is great news. Everybody is writing documentation for personal or
> teaching purposes, so it shouldn't be a great effort to share something.
> The wiki is a good place because we can keep in the same place different
> pieces of documentation, add screenshots. And Wikia has no limits on
> storage..
>
> Is there anyone else willing to put his/her documentation online under a
> free license?
>
> Stefano
>
> --
> Stefano Costa
> Jabber: steko@jabber.linux.it
> http://www.iosa.it Open Archaeology
> Io uso GNU/Linux!
>

> --

Jason Jorgenson
Post Grad Research Student
University of Liverpool

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand
how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie