Raw Data Now!

Nisha Doshi nishadi_100@yahoo.co.uk
Fri Mar 20 22:02:08 CET 2009

Hi Mark,

Archaeobotany, archaeogenetics, zooarchaeology, isotope-based studies and Palaeolithic archaeology would probably be most suitable for the submission categories currently used by the PLoS journals. Since PLoS ONE publishes papers in all areas of science, manuscripts in any area of archaeological science would fit its scope, which is described on the journal's website as follows:

'Most conventional journals publish papers from tightly defined subject areas, making it more difficult for readers from other disciplines to read them. PLoS ONE has no such barriers, which helps your research reach the entire scientific community. PLoS ONE will rigorously peer-review your submissions and publish all papers that are judged to be technically sound.'

Hope that helps!

Best wishes,

Nisha

--- On Fri, 20/3/09, mhall@berkeley.edu <mhall@berkeley.edu> wrote:

From: mhall@berkeley.edu <mhall@berkeley.edu>
Subject: Re: Raw Data Now!
To: nishadi_100@yahoo.co.uk
Cc: archaeology@lists.linux.it
Date: Friday, 20 March, 2009, 3:30 AM

Hi Nisha,

This is very good news then!  I'll admit I've never got into all the fine
print on PLOS and was a bit shocked when I did see page charges.  I was
also approached by another competitor to join their editorial board for
their open access journal on anthropology and declined due to their stance
on page charges.

Any information on the different areas PLoS is looking for archaeological
manuscripts?

Best, MEH