archeos-gis review

Luca Bezzi luca.bezzi@arc-team.com
Wed Nov 25 17:22:06 CET 2015

Hi Denis
1. GRASS 7 would be also my choice, let's work on it. Do you have a
Virtual up and running with Jessie? For GRASS 7 in Jessie did you use
the backport or did you compile it? In Theodoric I compiled it without
problems, but note yet tried in Jessie
2. I would wait to see if we can really replace Polygontool with at
least ArcheoCAD. I tested Polygontool in a large-scale survay and it
worked fine, but I just gave a try to ArcheoCAD and, despite it seems
good, the first impression was that it was not possible to do really
everything that was possible to do wiht PolygonTool. if I remember well,
the main problem was the DB (I think there were no 2autofilling" option
starting from fixed values recorded on the field). Did you ever tired
it? I will do some more test. A simple option would be to maintain both
of the option, packaging PolygonTool as a standalon application, and
putting ArcheoCAD into archeos-qgis-plugin. Up to now I still do not
remember what is the name of the third option. It is a software related
with gvSIG, developed by Benjamin (but I never tested it so far).
3. I checked Spatialite-GUI when I reviewed the DB group. It is not a
problem in Jessie. We have to update the archeos-meta (archeos-next
branch) with it. I'll do it now