[FaSoLi] Stallman a Genova

Matteo Marchesotti black_sheep@inventati.org
Ven 5 Set 2008 09:10:27 CEST

11 settembre 2008 a Genova presso il dipartimento DISI della facoltà di
informatica.

Chi viene? :)

Titolo:     Copyright vs Community in the Age of Computer Networks
Relatore:   Richard Stallman
Data:       11 settembre 2008, ore 16:00, V piano (aula da definire)

Abstract:

Copyright developed in the age of the printing press, and was designed
to fit with the system of centralized copying imposed by the printing
press.  But the copyright system does not fit well with computer
networks, and only draconian punishments can enforce it.

The global corporations that profit from copyright are lobbying
for draconian punishments, and to increase their copyright powers,
while suppressing public access to technology.  But if we seriously
hope to serve the only legitimate purpose of copyright--to promote
progress, for the benefit of the public--then we must make changes in
the other direction.

--
   @@@@@@@@  O  \       Matteo Marchesotti - Black Sheep       [][][]
   ||   ||        affinchè tutto sia libero per coloro che sono liberi"
   ~~   ~~                                            -- F.W.Nietszche