[hack] dispositivo shmfs

LoSpippolo lospippolo@email.it
Mar 6 Gen 2004 21:13:11 CET

> andando a vedere come è utilizzato lo spazio sul mio disco ( suse8.1) con
> kdiskfree
> vedo tra le altre cose
> dispositivo   shmfs  tipo    ? di 251,5 mbyte montato in /dev/shm  non
> utilizzato.
> Cosa significa ?
>  saluti
> Maurizio

googlando qua e la...

  The new version of the Linux kernel will introduce a new file system
called shmfs. It has to be mounted for the applications to use the shared
memory features. The standard mountpoint for the shmfs is /var/shm. Maybe it
would be wise to add the directory to the base-files package as well as
create a suitable script to add the appropriate entry to /etc/fstab? I'm
sure than at some point, after potato is released, people will try to use
2.4.x and some of them can face problems when their applications won't be
able to use the shared memory.

--

LoSpippolo <lospippolo@email.it>

Ho scoperto un formidabile rimedio per curare la verginita'...