[Golem] Buon compleanno, ragazzo!

gbrx82@virgilio.it gbrx82@virgilio.it
Ven 25 Ago 2006 17:46:41 CEST

Oggi, quindici anni fa, un certo Linus Torvalds scriveva su usenet:

    „Hello everybody out there using minix -
    I’m doing a (free)
operating system (just a hobby, won’t be big and professional like gnu)
for 386(486) AT clones. This has been brewing since april, and is
starting to get ready. I’d like any feedback on things people
like/dislike in minix, as my OS resembles it somewhat (same physical
layout of the file-system (due to practical reasons) among other
things).
    I’ve currently ported bash(1.08) and gcc(1.40), and things
seem to work. This implies that I’ll get something practical within a
few months, and I’d like to know what features most people would want.
Any suggestions are welcome, but I won’t promise I’ll implement them :-
)
    Linus (torvalds@kruuna.helsinki.fi)

    PS. Yes – it’s free of
any minix code, and it has a multi-threaded fs. It is NOT protable
(uses 386 task switching etc), and it probably never will support
anything other than AT-harddisks, as that’s all I have :-( .“

La
prima versione di Linux 0.0.1 era disponibile su ftp il 17 settembre
dopo.

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.
minix/msg/b813d52cbc5a044b?hl=en

ciao