[gpm]Can I alter mouse orientation?

Jerry Seutter yello@thegeeks.net
Sun, 17 Nov 2002 11:41:57 -0700

Hello,
I just got a Logitech Cordless Optical Trackman.  It's a trackball mouse
with a scroll wheel and about 5 buttons.

The orientation of the trackball however, is off.  When I try to move the
pointer "up" it goes up and about 45 degrees to the left.  This sucks.

The windows drivers contain functionality to change the orientation.  Does
gpm have any ability to do this sort of thing?  I've been searching but
haven't found anything yet.

Other trackballs I have don't have this problem, just this new one.

I took the mouse apart and it appears to have been put together correctly,
so I think this problem will be common with this type of mouse.

In the meantime I am hacking gpm to do this for me.  The solution I am
working on (which is just to do trigonometry on the x and y bytes read
from the mouse) will suffer from rounding error when moving the mouse
slowly.

Jerry Seutter