kernel with CF and PCMCIA support.
Fri Jan 30 22:12:25 CET 2004
i have tried the 2004-01-29 kernel and here are my comments
and some questions:
1. I can telnet to j820 and the connection is very fast, but
the framebuffer blinks on each received packet.
The interrupt overhead is too high ?
Here is /proc/interrupts
0: 1192 j820_kbd_irq
11: 27930 GPIO 11-27
12: 0 LCD
19: 0 SSP
26: 543963 timer
27: 0 rtc timer
30: 0 rtc 1Hz
31: 0 rtc Alrm
35: 55899 SA1101
106: 27960 pcnet_cs
107: 19 ide0
108: 10 PCMCIA card detect
109: 1 CF card detect
110: 88 PCMCIA BVD1
111: 3 CF BVD1
2. /sbin/ifup is missing
3. 32Mb RAM setting is hardcoded, so it is not clear if my 16Mb
j820 will crash on memory intensive task. Therefore, i am
afraid of seeking in /dev/mem for (dead?) wince stuff.
4. Do i need to write a special driver for reading ROM ?
Where is ROM located on the bus ?
5. UCB1200 and IRDA: what GPIOs are they using ?
6. If i am not mistaken, some time ago
there was a /proc/cpu/regs driver. Is it still available ?
Then one can use 'cat' instead of wince 'syswatch'.
7. The hpcboot.exe still doesn't know about the proper framebuffer address,
somebody with access to windows computer should recompile it.
George, thanks for the great work! Seeing penguin on j820 was a
really exciting experience :)
More information about the Jornada820