latest attempts

Matan Ziv-Av matan@svgalib.org
Sat Jul 31 20:00:09 CEST 2004

On Sat, 31 Jul 2004, Francois-Rene Rideau wrote:

> >> The PCMCIA code in current 2.6 doesn't work, but doesn't crash
> >> the kernel anymore (at least, not immediately).
> >
> > Again, works for me - CF, pcnet_cs, serial_cs, airo_cs. Here's a patch
> > relative to linux-2.6.7.
> > http://www.arava.co.il/matan/jornada820/2.6.7-my4.gz
> Will try... will have to get a fresh 2.6.7 source, patch it,
> and then diff from our build tree, etc., before I can merge.
> Can you send a patch relative to a buildtree made from our CVS?

Not easily, since I changed it a lot. I have my own script to generate
ramdisk, but the kernel build is almost indepenedent from the ramdisk.
It only expects to find a built ramdisk at
linux/../../../ramdisk/ramdiskimage.gz

> > I intend to follow the linus kernel, rather than handhelds kernel.
> > Maybe even start feeding changes upstream (pcmcia, rmk, input).
> Nice. Maybe you should follow rmk or other arm source? Dunno.

I think that linus and rmk are almost synchronized, so there are no rmk
patches.

> In any case, the current setup was just meant to be tried with
> different upstream kernels. What is the latestest 2.4 arm kernel?

for 2.4 that's 2.4.26-vrs1, but I'd rather use 2.6 (if we can solve the
USB issue).

--
Matan Ziv-Av.                         matan@svgalib.org