kernel26

Oleg Gusev oleg@usm.uni-muenchen.de
Mon Jun 28 22:25:49 CEST 2004

On Monday 28 June 2004 02:47 pm, Francois-Rene Rideau wrote:

> Now, and thanks to Oleg's fixes to the code, the kernel compiles correctly;

Well, i have mostly removed irrelevant stuff and commented out
the keyboard driver and other broken things in handhelds.org CVS.

> I didn't even bother trying to boot it though.

I have linked the zImage with the 2.4 j820/* hack and the old
ramdisk. After booting the machine runs, sa1100fb is ok.
The problem is:

------------------------
checking if image is initramfs... it isn't (ungzip failed); looks like an
initrd
Freeing initrd memory: 1035K
RAMDISK: driver initialized...
RAMDISK: Couldn't find valid RAM disk image starting at 0.
Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on ram0.

> When is that? Maybe we can meet in Paris? I often go there at week-end...

18-24 July. So, 18 or 24 :)

> > jornada820.c and bootup stuff first.
jornada820.c is ok.
bootup...

> > Then sa1101.c and all sa1101* things behind.

The SPI keyboard driver can be developed independently.

 Oleg.