Booting process & memory layout.

Alessandro Rubini rubini@ar.linux.it
Fri Mar 12 15:09:28 CET 2004

> Hmm. I think the idea is to show the (pseudo)bus address.
> Let's assume that the 0xc shows up as 0x0.
> What will happen with the extension memory at "physical" 0xd ?

Sorry. I though there was something at physical 0. Usually there's
the boot rom at 0.

I misinterpreted the 0xc for the virtual address, didn't think that
the jornada may have physical memory at 0xc. I apologize.

BTW: the ARM device I'm running today oppses when reading at offset 0
in /dev/mem, but it returns good data when using mmap() instead. I can
successfully read the boot flash.

/alessandro