j820, the saga

Francois-Rene Rideau fare@tunes.org
Sat Mar 27 06:09:58 CET 2004

RAM AUTODETECTION
Looks like it works for me. Could you test it?
(Same routine will detect RAM by 4MB increment up to 128MB on RAM bank 2).

PCMCIA ISSUE
This CF card isn't recognized; the pcnet is most often recognized.

DHCP
I can run udhcpc successfully; however, resolv.conf is empty
(maybe due to missing dhcp script in /etc)
and the resolver doesn't work when I fill it manually, anyway.

TOOLCHAIN
A clean rebuild using the 3.3.2 toolchain from handhelds.org works.
I have no courage to try again with the 3.3.2 toolchain from OZ
that I was previously using.

VARIOUS CLEANUPS
Cleaned j820_keyb.c

USERLAND
OK, now I have a kernel that seems to work reasonably well;
however, since my tinydrive died, where am I gonna put userland? Sigh.
Does anyone have a statically linked emacs clone?

If debugging is the process of removing bugs,
then programming must be the process of putting them in.
	-- Dijkstra