[LTP] Pre-release LTP build

Cyril Hrubis chrubis@suse.cz
Mon Apr 11 19:23:05 CEST 2016

Hi!
I've tried to build LTP source for several distributions and as I
expected the support for compiler atomic operations is missing in old
compilers. Particulary gcc-4.1 on x86 (32bit RHEL5) and gcc-3.4 (SLES9)
and older which were released in 2007 and 2006.

The questions is: do we care enough to provide fallback inline assembler?

I would be inclined to say that we don't. So does anybody out there
still uses LTP with a compiler old enough that it does not support
atomic builtins?