[LTP] question about running input testcase

Xiao Yang yangx.jy@cn.fujitsu.com
Wed Apr 13 09:05:43 CEST 2016

Hi Cedric!

When we run input04 on RHEL 5.11GA and 6.7GA, it still fails. It gives
error message like this:

input04 0 TINFO : Found uinput dev at /dev/uinput
input04 0 TINFO : Unexpected ev type=0 code=0 value=0
input04 1 TFAIL : input04.c:65: Data received /dev/inputX

I think that this failure is because kernel sends empty events. i.e
If we only send EV_SYN to input device, nothing should be received in
/dev/input/eventX.
Actually, data is received in /dev/input/eventX. This investigation
shows that it may be
improved by following patch: 'commit 4369c64c79a2 ("Input: Send events
one packet at a time")'.

Could tell me the real reason for the case failure. I'm just not
familiar enough with the code.

Regards,
Xiao Yang