[LTP] getrusage04 on ARM fails sometimes

Sebastian Frias sf84@laposte.net
Tue Apr 26 11:51:31 CEST 2016

Hi,

We are wondering if other people have issues with getrusage04 LTP test.
We see it failing sometimes on our ARM platform.
It seems to happen most often when CONFIG_HZ=300 than when CONFIG_HZ=100.

When the test was introduced (https://sourceforge.net/p/ltp/mailman/message/27853271/) it did not support the "-m" parameter, which is meant to broaden the "acceptance" interval.
The "-m" parameter was added by people from ST (fd875256d6f99102e3940c4dfc6b0a8a27f4d62c), so presumably working on embedded (probably ARM) systems.
Some people are increasing that interval (https://ez.analog.com/docs/DOC-9111).

Also, according to the commit history, the test is disabled on QEMU, Xen and other environments.

Questions:
1) Does anybody else using ARM has issues with this test? Or is it just us?
2) Do you suggest that we increase the "-m" parameter?
3) Do you know of another test that could be used to double check that getrusage04 failure is a false positive?

Thanks, regards,

Sebastian