[LTP] non-ascii output from mtest01?

Cyril Hrubis chrubis@suse.cz
Thu Apr 13 11:41:16 CEST 2017

Hi!
> I was wondering if anyone else has the test mtest01 printing
> out non-ascii characters.  Attached is the output from my LTP run and I
> always have issues with grepping or reading the output in an editor
> because of these non-ascii characters.

Looks like I've managed to reproduce the issue with:

./mtest01 -p80 |tee out

> I looked at testcases/kernel/mem/mtest01/mtest01.c but I didn't see any
> obvious source for where this output is coming from.

This is memory corruption since we do not check that max_pids is large
enough in the while loops that store pids into pid_list[i] array and it
seems like we end up writing into the FILE * structure for stdout. It
seems to be gone if I increase the max_pids by a small number.

Has to be fixed anyway, can you prepare a patch or at least open GitHub
issue so that we can track the problem?