[LTP] Running LTP results in read-only filesystem

Steve Ellcey sellcey@caviumnetworks.com
Wed Mar 8 19:41:15 CET 2017

On Wed, 2017-03-08 at 12:19 +0100, Cyril Hrubis wrote:
> Hi!
> >
> > Has anyone run into a problem where running the LTP tests as root
> > results in a read-only filesystem? ??I have been running LTP as root on
> > an ubuntu 16.04 aarch64 system and it appears that when I do that my
> > root filesystem gets set to read-only and then, when I reboot to try
> > and fix the problem, the machine can't fsck itself and come back up
> > without some human intervention. ??Has anyone else seen this problem?
> I remember some FS journal corruptions on cheap SD cards being reported
> some time agoI remember some FS journal corruptions on cheap SD cards
> being reported some time ago. What filesystem do you use? Have you
> checked dmesg output, is there anything related there?

I am using an ext4 filesystem on a hard disk drive.  dmesg is empty, it
may have gotten deleted during the reboot and/or the fsck that was done
during the reboot to get the system to come back up.

Steve Ellcey