[LTP] Running LTP results in read-only filesystem

Steve Ellcey sellcey@caviumnetworks.com
Wed Mar 22 16:49:30 CET 2017

On Wed, 2017-03-22 at 16:40 +0100, Cyril Hrubis wrote:
> Hi!
> >
> > I am using an ext4 filesystem on a hard disk drive. ??dmesg is empty, it
> > may have gotten deleted during the reboot and/or the fsck that was done
> > during the reboot to get the system to come back up.
> The dmesg output is not reboot persistent, the log is normally logged to
> /var/log/messages via the syslog daemon, but once the FS gets read-only
> the daemon can't write the logs so they end up lost on reboot...

I may have been too fast to blame LTP for my system crashes.  I had
another crash when not running LTP and where the filesystem became
read-only and now I think the machine has a hardware issue.  LTP may
have caused the problem to appear more frequently by stressing the
system but I don't think the underlying bug of the filesystem becoming
read-only was due to LTP.

Steve Ellcey