[LTP] Out-of-tree build missing some data files.

Cyril Hrubis chrubis@suse.cz
Thu Mar 30 12:59:21 CEST 2017

Hi!
> I'm trying to build ltp out of tree but failed with errors like:
>
> =========
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/ltp-build/testcases/lib'
> make[2]: Entering directory `/root/ltp-build/testcases/open_posix_testsuite'
> /root/ltp/testcases/open_posix_testsuite/Makefile:38: Makefile.linux:
> No such file or directory
> make[2]: *** No rule to make target `Makefile.linux'.  Stop.
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/ltp-build/testcases/open_posix_testsuite'
> make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
> =========
>
> Two problems here:
>
> 1. The open_posix_testuite is also compiling in this time, but I
> remember I didn't pass any parameter to config that.

I noticed it as well, my guess is that this was broken by:

https://github.com/linux-test-project/ltp/issues/143

but I haven't had time to investigate yet.

> 2. It obviously could not build open_posix_testsuite out of tree
> successfully, should we fix this for LTP?

Looks like somebody is already working on that:

https://github.com/linux-test-project/ltp/pull/130