[LTP] How to convert TFAIL into TCONF for netns_*

Mylène Josserand mylene.josserand@bootlin.com
Thu Aug 2 16:08:07 CEST 2018

Hello,

Sorry for the late answer and thanks for the help!

On Wed, 18 Jul 2018 09:05:32 -0400 (EDT)
Jan Stancek <jstancek@redhat.com> wrote:

> [...]

okay, I created a patch that handles that and it is working, thanks.

> > It is because we currently do not have CONFIG_VETH enabled.
> > There are also some tests failing because we again do not have the
> > correct configuration such as CONFIG_TUN for netns_link tests:
> > https://github.com/linux-test-project/ltp/blob/master/testcases/kernel/containers/netns/netns_netlink.c#L142
>
> Similar here, but check for ENODEV.

It was a good idea but unfortunately, the system() call of the ip
command is not setting errno:
https://github.com/linux-test-project/ltp/commit/085b5e6d9b

For this issue, I reproduced what the test "ioctl03" is already
performing: report a TCONF if the file "/dev/net/tun" is not available:
https://github.com/linux-test-project/ltp/blob/master/testcases/kernel/syscalls/ioctl/ioctl03.c#L81..L87

I will send two patches in few minutes to fix these two above issues,
let me know if you have another idea on how to handle that.

Best regards,

Mylène