[LTP] More CI testing on git push

Jan Stancek jstancek@redhat.com
Tue Jan 9 10:48:17 CET 2018

----- Original Message -----
> Hi,
>
> currently we use Travis for various gcc/clang based builds, cross-compile arm
> and i868.
> I've been talking some time ago with Cyril about more CI testing. It would be
> great to
> test also LTP compiled old glibc an kernel headers + testing musl/uclibc.

Hi,

I'm not sure how much success you will have with uclibc - we stopped
caring about it some time ago, so I'm assuming it's broken.

> This can be
> achieved with using different CI with docker enabled along with Travis. This
> is needed as
> Travis doesn't allow to mix container based setup and docker based setup.
> Builds with
> different CI providers IMHO run in parallel.
>
> I was thinking to use doozer.io. It provides some quite new distros:
> Debian 8 Jessie (i386), glibc 2.19
> Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Precise (i386, amd64), glibc 2.15
> Ubuntu 14.04 LTS Trusty (i386, amd64), glibc 2.19
> Ubuntu 16.04 LTS Xenial (i386, amd64), glibc 2.23
> Fedora 24 (x86_64), glibc 2.23.1
> Centos 7 (x86_64), glibc 2.17
> Raspbian Jessie ARM 32bit
> Raspbian Stretch ARM 32bit
>
> It provides some variety of distros and glibc + kernel headers.
> Docker based CI would give us more variants.
>
> Cyril, Jan, which glibc and kernel header versions would you like to test?

Is there an option to use some older distro? e.g. glibc-2.12 + 2.6.32
That's equivalent of RHEL6.2. I wouldn't go older than that - I still
sometimes check with RHEL5, but that one is likely not worth the effort
given that EOL is in couple years.

Other than that, I'd choose something very recent, like latest Fedora.

> Is this an improvement?

I think so, it would certainly alert us about possible breakage sooner.

Regards,
Jan