[LTP] Patch for LTP

piotr.krzysztof.gawel piotr.krzysztof.gawel@gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 12:43:42 CEST 2019

Dear LTP community,
When I run LTP tests with musl libc, I discovered few issues in tst_timer_test.c:

The array with run times was not sorted. As Rich Felker pointed out, cmp() function breaks the contract for qsort() – I fixed it.Because array was not sorted, some tests were dumping cores. Plotting function strongly relies on having array sorted. I fixed that in #1 but still prefer defensive
 programming here – protect against buffer overflow i.e. when input data is incorrect.Calculation if average run time is greater than desired time + threshold was incorrect. Each expected run should be in range t < s[i] < t + threshold, so for max.
 edge: sum(s[i] + threshold) < sum(t + threshold). For i belonging to [d,n] => sum(s[i]) < (n-d)*(t + threshold) and not (n-d)*t + threshold.
Please add this patch to main line of LTP if you don’t see issues here. Feel free to modify the change if needed.Thanks in advance!
Kind regards,Piotr Gawel
null