[LTP] insmod01_sh test from commands test suite will make cve-2017-17053 test fail

Po-Hsu Lin po-hsu.lin@canonical.com
Tue Jun 4 13:44:24 CEST 2019

Hello Cyril,

Yes you're right, the insmod test is not the cause here.

I found it's the block_dev test from kernel_misc, the ltp_block_dev
module insertion will first set the taint flag to 12288:
$ sudo insmod ltp_block_dev.ko
$ cat /proc/sys/kernel/tainted
12288

But the test will generate kernel warnings and make it 12800
$ sudo rmmod ltp_block_dev
$ sudo ./block_dev
block_dev    1  TPASS  :  Test-case '1'
block_dev    2  TPASS  :  Test-case '2'