[LTP] LTP Release

Li Wang liwang@redhat.com
Tue May 14 09:16:34 CEST 2019

Hi Cyril,

I have completed the latest LTP testing on RHEL-7.6 and RHEL-8.0 across all
arches(x86_64, ppc64le, ppc64, s390x, aarch64), here I post the summary FYI:

RHEL7.6
------------
1. crypto/af_alg01/02 (all arches - fail)
af_alg01 failure is a kernel bug.
af_alg02 test broken as what Christian's described in the patch. It should
be fixed on the kernel without that commit ecaaab564978 too.

2. binfmt_misc01.sh  (x86_64, s390x - fail, ppc64le/ppc64 - panic)
It looks like a kernel bug.

RHEL8.0
-------------
1. NUMA issue (ppc64le)
Numa test failed on that machine with non-continuous NUMA nodes. Two
patches for the problem solving has been sent to LTP-ML.

2. HUGETLB issue (aarch64)
hugetlb tests sometimes failed to request sufficient huge pages, even we
try limiting to 80% of the max huge page count is still not being satisfied
on 512MB huge page size system sometimes.

Besides these above failures, the remaining test looks pretty good.

--
Regards,
Li Wang