[LTP] March meeting summary

Andrea Cervesato andrea.cervesato@suse.com
Wed Mar 6 11:39:14 CET 2024

Hi!

Thanks to all participants of our monthly LTP meeting. A short summary
on what we talked about:

- we have ~300 tests to refactor into the new LTP API, which 2/3 of them
are really low to slightly mid complexity

- in order to attract more developers and reviewers, we need to provide
more documentation about the LTP project. This can be achieved by
sharing workshops, blogs and documentation that can help junior
developers to start working on small LTP tests. In short, to simplify
documentation reachability

- to improve our documentation we can try "readthedocs.io" that is
similar to what kernel devs are using (check
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/docs.html). In this way we can also provide
a more readable LTP website

- to introduce a special flag to communicate with tests runner (kirk)
when we need to reboot the machine during tests

- we discussed about some tooling, AI, reviewing tools, bots

Thanks for all the suggestions and improvements.
Have a good day and see you the next month!

Best regards,
Andrea Cervesato