[LTP] Regarding LTP Version 20230929

Cyril Hrubis chrubis@suse.cz
Fri Mar 15 15:46:55 CET 2024

Hi!
> I am using the latest LTP version 20230929, may I know how much time
> it will take to complete the full test to get the results.

That really depends on several factors, e.g. the machine you run the
tests on (I/O speed, CPU speed, RAM size), however generally running all
tests should be in the range of a few hours.

Also it's not a good ideal to run all the test in a single session,
there is too much of them to be executed in a single run.

Usuall these tests are executed in a subsets and the machine under test
is rebooted between the executions. It also may sense to run some tests
with a different settings/options such as 32bit test binaries on a 64bit
kernel to test the kernel compat layer. Or rerun some tests on a kernel
with debuging options enabled (KASAN, UBSAN, KMEMLEAK, etc).

You can see how we run LTP tests in SUSE in OpenQA[1]:

https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/overview?distri=opensuse&version=Tumbleweed&build=20240314&groupid=32