[LTP] [linus:master] [pidfd] cb12fd8e0d: ltp.readahead01.fail

Christian Brauner brauner@kernel.org
Mon Mar 18 09:47:45 CET 2024

On Fri, Mar 15, 2024 at 03:49:03PM +0100, Cyril Hrubis wrote:
> Hi!
> > So I'd just remove that test. It's meaningless for pseudo fses.
>
> Wouldn't it make more sense to actually return EINVAL instead of
> ignoring the request if readahead() is not implemented?

It would change the return value for a whole bunch of stuff. I'm not
sure that wouldn't cause regressions but is in any case a question for
the readahead maintainers. For now I'd just remove that test for pidfds
imho.