[LTP] New LTP documentation!

Li Wang liwang@redhat.com
Tue Mar 19 13:28:09 CET 2024

Hi Andrea,

On Mon, Mar 18, 2024 at 8:41 PM Andrea Cervesato via ltp <ltp@lists.linux.it>
wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> as already mentioned in the monthly LTP meeting, Linux Test Project
> lacks of a nice and clean documentation that can be easily accessed by
> users, developers and maintainers.
> The current LTP documentation is also not matching with our expectancy
> towards the entire project, which is has been heavily refactored and it
> has changed in the past years, providing a higher quality code and new
> testing features.
>
> For this reasons, we think it's time to move forward and to start
> working on documentation, helping people to use, to develop and to
> maintain LTP in an easier way, increasing quality of the overall project
> and to call more developers in the community.
>
> I started to work on documentation refactoring, re-organizing the
> overall structure. The first prototype can be found here:
>
> https://ltp-acerv.readthedocs.io/en/latest/index.html

Looks great! Thanks for bringing this.

And I just tried that the latest LTP compiled & executed succeed on
RHEL-7.9.
Can you update the "Oldest tested distributions" [1] part by adding:

  RHEL-7.9 Maipo (Distro)  3.10 (kernel)  4.8.5(gcc)  2.17(glibc)  -(clang)

[1] https://ltp-acerv.readthedocs.io/en/latest/users/supported_systems.html

--
Regards,
Li Wang