[RoLUG] Fw: This week...

ben benhamal76@yahoo.it
Mar 12 Ago 2003 22:36:13 CEST

Questa è troppo bella ;-)
Russell King e il caldo record dell' inghilterra
buon ferragosto a tutti.
Luca

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 00:31:19 +0100
From: Russell King - ARM Linux <linux@arm.linux.org.uk>
To: linux-arm-kernel@lists.arm.linux.org.uk
Subject: This week...

Hi All,

I need to consider what to do with the machines this week at home here,
which provide various services for the community.

The UK is facing UK record-breaking temperatures of 100F (35C), due on
Wednesday.

Today, we hit 31C with temperatures inside climbing from 24C to 26C,
despite all possible measures short of not working taken to keep the
inside temperature down.  Due to the structure of the house and
previous experience, I'm not expecting the inside temperature to drop
overnight.

Before anyone says "just turn the aircon on", I'd like to say that
aircon isn't common in the UK because we normally have a pretty
temperate climate, with temperatures normally hitting around 28C
for a couple of weeks during summer.

To be blunt, I have no desire to try to sleep in 30C+ temperatures,
and will take whatever measures I see fit to try to ensure that
doesn't happen, even to the expense of shutting down some services
for the community.

The purpose of this mail is to let people know that they __may__
experience problems with these mailing lists or web site for
the remainder of this week.