[SabaziaLUG] Some information about the actual project status

newsletter@linuxcounter.net newsletter@linuxcounter.net
Ven 14 Ago 2015 07:21:07 CEST

Hello Linux User!
Since we always want to be transparent and open to all, we also want to
inform you about the actual project status, some statistics about the
project which are not available on the website and more.

Some statistical information
The Linux Counter Project is growing fast and gets more and more popular
every day.

Here you can see some statistical information about the project and the the
visitors (you).

 http://LinuxCounter.hosted.phplist.com/lists/lt.php?id=bU4FVklVGgJVUAADCA

Information about the development status
If you want to get deeper information about the development status and what
still has to get done, then please visit this link:

 http://LinuxCounter.hosted.phplist.com/lists/lt.php?id=bU4FUUlVGgJVUAADCA

What are the plans for the near future?
Well, the server on which the project website is running, is fully spnsored
by a great, german hosting provider called First Colo
<http://LinuxCounter.hosted.phplist.com/lists/lt.php?id=bU4EUklVGgJVUAADCA>
. The newsletter sending is also fully sponsored by phpList
<https://www.phplist.com/>
.

The problem here is, that we only have one single server for all. That
means, the databases, the webserver and all background scripts that are
doing statistical work, are running all on the same machine, which is a
great security, safety and of couse a performance problem.

Our wish is to extend this to at least two, but better four servers. Two
servers for the databases and two servers for the webserver, which are then
doing loadbalancing. This would greately increase the performance, but also
the stability and availbility, because we then would also be redundant.
Another wish is a second ssl certificate for the API.

Since Alexander Löhner is doing the whole project as a hobby during his
free time beside family and job, there of course is not the money to
realize that.

What can you do?
Oh, there are many things you can do!

**Contributing**

Everybody is always welcome to contribute! There are several ways to
contribute:

You can just only choose one single project (website, lico-update script or
android app) and send us a pull request with your fixes. Or you can fork
our repositories and take actively part on the development.

If you want to be a fixed member of the development team and willing to do
active development and bug fixing, then we also can give you direct access
to our repositories.

**Sponsoring**

Yes, we still need some hardware. You also may be willing to sponsor the
project by providing the needed server hardware and bandwidth. You would
get an own page with your logo and you company description. And you would
get a very valuable backlink in our footer.

**Donating**

Beside clicking the banners you are also welcome to donate. Please visit
the Donation page
<http://LinuxCounter.hosted.phplist.com/lists/lt.php?id=bU4HUklVGgJVUAADCA>
and choose your preferred method.

**

One word about the new newsletters and missing opt in (until some weeks
ago):**

The old project on counter.li.org never has sent any emails or newsletters
and thus there never was an opt

****

in for newsletter subscription. In order to reactivate old accounts and to
reach you all with an informative newsletter, we have sent one email to all
accounts with a big notice on top that told you to unsubscribe if you don't
want to receive these new newsletters.

We know, that this is not the normal way and that it is not very user
friendly. But it was the only way to also reach the very old, long time
inactive accounts.

We are very sorry about this.

If you really don't want to receive these newsletters, please click the
unsubscribe link at the bottom of this email.

Thanks for reading!

The Linux Counter Project Team

(which actually only is Alexander Löhner :-P)

--

*Please consider donating to the project:*

http://LinuxCounter.hosted.phplist.com/lists/lt.php?id=bU4HUklVGgJVUAADCA

This message was sent to sabazialug@lists.linux.it by
newsletter@linuxcounter.net

Unsubscribe