Domande: boot-new.xml

beatrice beatricet@libero.it
Lun 7 Giu 2004 12:20:47 CEST

On Sunday 06 June 2004, at 17:15, Domenico De Felice wrote:
> Nelle prime righe si parla di "smoke test". Non conosco bene l'elettronica e
> quindi so poco a riguardo. Esiste un corrispettivo italiano o va lasciato in
> inglese? Cercando su google ho visto che anche in pagine italiane spesso si
> parla di "smoke test", quindi per ora l'ho rimasto in questa forma (anche se
> credo che ben pochi dei lettori capiranno cosa sia).

io ho trovato questo (www.dictionary.com):

 smoke test
   1. A rudimentary form of testing applied to electronic
   equipment following repair or reconfiguration, in which power
   is applied and the tester checks for sparks, smoke, or other
   dramatic signs of fundamental failure. See magic smoke.
   2. By extension, the first run of a piece of software after
   construction or a critical change. See and compare reality
   check.
   There is an interesting semi-parallel to this term among
   typographers and printers: When new typefaces are being
   punch-cut by hand, a "smoke test" (hold the letter in candle
   smoke, then press it onto paper) is used to check out new
   dies.

Io direi qualcosa come "test preliminare", "primi test di massima" o
qualcosa di questo genere.
Vedi se ti puņ essere utile.

Ciao,
beatrice.
--
Inside her head may lay all the answers/For curin' diseases from baldness
to cancer/Salt of the earth and a real good dancer/But I really hate her