Please translate the program and/or manpage strings of APT

David Kalnischkies kalnischkies@gmail.com
Lun 25 Giu 2012 15:25:04 CEST

Hi,

You are noted as the last translator for one of the translations for
Debian's beloved package-manager apt and it's associated files.

Many of these strings are included in the associated library and
you and our users will therefore encounter them even without ever
having used (or heard of) apt-get, and instead see them for example
in aptitude, synaptics or even software-center.

The English template has been changed, and now some messages

This would be Milo Casagrande for apt-all.pot:
it               569          27            17           2011-05-16

We also have a manpage translation which was 3 years ago
auto-converted to po4a management which at least since then
(copyright comments suggest an even longer timeframe),
nobody updated with the following statistic:
it                 1          89           713

If nobody steps up for having a look at it, we will remove it from
the tree, so in the next call it will show up as not-existent.

Given the size of these translations we happily accept also partial
updates of course.

You can find your po for the program translation here:
it.po: http://anonscm.debian.org/loggerhead/apt/debian-sid/files/head:/po/
or for the manpage here:
it.po: http://anonscm.debian.org/loggerhead/apt/debian-sid/files/head:/doc/po/

If you prefer I can sent these files directly to you of course,
I am just trying to avoid that this mail is eaten by some sort of
protection layer because of it's (then relatively enormous) size.

against apt. If you have any questions feel free to drop me line.

There is no direct deadline, as I am thanks to some personal issues pretty
late to the party and therefore take responsibility for talking the release
team into freeze exceptions for translation updates if needed.

Thanks for your work and best regards,

David Kalnischkies