Commentari per la traduzione di GRUB in italiano

Milo Casagrande milo@casagrande.name
Mar 6 Mar 2012 14:31:27 CET

Hi Vladimir!

2012/3/6 Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko <phcoder@gmail.com>:
> Per cominciare vorrebbe dire grazie per questa traduzione di GRUB in
> italiano. Anche scusa se faccio degli errore di lingua in questo email:
> italiano non è mia lingua e non l'ho praticato molto questi tempi. Ho
> trovato qualche errori nel traduzione. Allora qui sono mii commentari.
> I don't pretend to have any vote in linguistic matters, just few
> propositions to make translation better.

Thanks for taking time to look into the translation at this point! I
will definitely go through your suggestions!

Just to know, when do you think you will release v2.0? This will give
me a better idea how much effort to put into the translations.

> # (ndt) credo che quel punto non ci debba essere, altrimenti non riesco a
> capire il senso della frase...
> #: grub-core/commands/acpi.c:57
> msgid "Don't update EBDA. May fix failures or hangs on some. BIOSes but
> makes it ineffective with OS not receiving RSDP from GRUB."
> msgstr "Non aggiorna EBDA: potrebbe risolvere dei problemi o bloccarsi con
> alcuni BIOS, ma non è efficace con sistemi operativi che non ricevono RSDP
> da GRUB"
>
> Qui la parola "hangs" non è un verbo. Significo qui "i bloccagi". Ho
> aggiunto un commentario nel originale
>  /* TRANSLATORS: "hangs" here is a noun, not a verb.  */

A question about this string. On the commend I left, to me it is not
clear at all if the second period is a mistake or is normal. I'm
referring to this part:
Don't update EBDA. May fix failures or hangs on some. BIOSes ...

Is this part: "some. BIOSes", part of the same sentence?

> # (ndt) sugg??
> #: grub-core/commands/search.c:300
> msgid "NAME [VARIABLE] [HINTS]"
> msgstr "NOME [VARIABILE] [SUGG]"
>
> IMHO "SUGG" o "SUGGERIMENTI" passa bene qui.

A note about this kind of strings, and similar.
Do we have a limit on the number of chars? Do we need to reformat the
translated strings in order to have the same number of chars as the
original one?

> #: grub-core/term/terminfo.c:628
> msgid "WIDTHxHEIGHT."
> msgstr "LARGHEZZA×ALTEZZA"
>
>   /* TRANSLATORS: "x" has to be entered in, like an identifier, so please
> don't
>      use better Unicode codepoints.  */

Is this valid also for all the other similar strings?

Thank you again for the review!
Ciao.

--
Milo Casagrande <milo@casagrande.name>