Commentari per la traduzione di GRUB in italiano

Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko phcoder@gmail.com
Mar 6 Mar 2012 14:52:38 CET

On 06.03.2012 14:31, Milo Casagrande wrote:
> Hi Vladimir!
>
> 2012/3/6 Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko<phcoder@gmail.com>:
>> Per cominciare vorrebbe dire grazie per questa traduzione di GRUB in
>> italiano. Anche scusa se faccio degli errore di lingua in questo email:
>> italiano non è mia lingua e non l'ho praticato molto questi tempi. Ho
>> trovato qualche errori nel traduzione. Allora qui sono mii commentari.
>> I don't pretend to have any vote in linguistic matters, just few
>> propositions to make translation better.
> Thanks for taking time to look into the translation at this point! I
> will definitely go through your suggestions!
>
> Just to know, when do you think you will release v2.0? This will give
> me a better idea how much effort to put into the translations.
Depends mostly on how many bugs are discovered and time to fix them.
Also translation status will be taken into account. I think in about a
month.
>> # (ndt) credo che quel punto non ci debba essere, altrimenti non riesco a
>> capire il senso della frase...
>> #: grub-core/commands/acpi.c:57
>> msgid "Don't update EBDA. May fix failures or hangs on some. BIOSes but
>> makes it ineffective with OS not receiving RSDP from GRUB."
>> msgstr "Non aggiorna EBDA: potrebbe risolvere dei problemi o bloccarsi con
>> alcuni BIOS, ma non è efficace con sistemi operativi che non ricevono RSDP
>> da GRUB"
>>
>> Qui la parola "hangs" non è un verbo. Significo qui "i bloccagi". Ho
>> aggiunto un commentario nel originale
>>   /* TRANSLATORS: "hangs" here is a noun, not a verb.  */
> A question about this string. On the commend I left, to me it is not
> clear at all if the second period is a mistake or is normal. I'm
> referring to this part:
> Don't update EBDA. May fix failures or hangs on some. BIOSes ...
>
> Is this part: "some. BIOSes", part of the same sentence?
The dot is an error. It's just that in C code it was at the end of the
line. Fixed now. Thanks.
>> # (ndt) sugg??
>> #: grub-core/commands/search.c:300
>> msgid "NAME [VARIABLE] [HINTS]"
>> msgstr "NOME [VARIABILE] [SUGG]"
>>
>> IMHO "SUGG" o "SUGGERIMENTI" passa bene qui.
> A note about this kind of strings, and similar.
> Do we have a limit on the number of chars? Do we need to reformat the
> translated strings in order to have the same number of chars as the
> original one?
No. GRUB has integrated wrapping code. The string "---MORE---" has to
translate to something short but this is mentioned in the comment. Other
strings have no limit on the size. The abbreviations are used in
original mainly in places where the abbreviation is common and quicker
to read than the complete word (e.g. DIR). I should probably put this
explanation somewhere in .pot but I don't know how to do it other than
TRANSLATORS comments but they pertain to a string, not the whole .pot file.
>> #: grub-core/term/terminfo.c:628
>> msgid "WIDTHxHEIGHT."
>> msgstr "LARGHEZZA×ALTEZZA"
>>
>>    /* TRANSLATORS: "x" has to be entered in, like an identifier, so please
>> don't
>>       use better Unicode codepoints.  */
> Is this valid also for all the other similar strings?
In the messages msgstr "[L×A[×P]]", msgstr "%s è deprecata, la modalità
VGA %d non è riconosciuta, usare \"set
gfxpayload=LARGHEZZA×ALTEZZA[×PROFONDITÀ] prima del comando.\n" and
msgstr "[W×H]" yes (and I've just added a comment about it)
In the messages
msgstr "Verifica il sottosistema video in modalità W×H"
msgstr "impossibile impostare la dimensione del carattere a %d×%d"
You were right to use unicode cross.

--
Regards
Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko