[trashware] [Fwd: [DIGITALDIVIDE] New Discussion Listserv for Computer Refurbishers]

Manuele Rampazzo manu@linux.it
Sab 26 Giu 2004 01:19:15 CEST

Ciao,
mi han segnalato che di recente (15 giugno) è passato su una famosa
lista dedicata al digital divide il messaggio che segue, che vado a
ripescare dall'archivio di quella lista, che ultimamente marco letta
troppo in fretta...

Il contesto economico/normativo è sicuramente diverso, mentre gli
aspetti tecnici (per quel che riguarda l'hardware, almeno) è presumibile
siano gli stessi di qua come di la dell'Atlantico.

Ciao,
Manu

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [DIGITALDIVIDE] New Discussion Listserv for Computer Refurbishers
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 13:50:02 -0700
From: Jim Lynch <jimlynch@COMPUMENTOR.ORG>
To: DIGITALDIVIDE@OWA.BENTON.ORG

Hi Everybody,

Noncommercial computer refurbishers (NCRs) now have our own listserv to
talk about the stuff that is important to us. CompuMentor is
particularly interested in getting your views on standards (warranty,
fail rate, disposal, and data removal) as we prepare for the NCR
conference in Chicago in mid September. We intend, however, that this
will be an ongoing service to allow the people in our community to ask
questions, express opinions, and raise issues. I'd like to urge everyone
to include their email address under their signature in case folks want
  to have the option of pursuing a discussion off the listserv as we do
on this listserv. I'm in the role of moderator, so I'll see all the
messages that come in and OK them.

To subscribe: email a one-line message to
majordomo@refurb.compumentor.org that says: subscribe refurbishers. No
need to have a subject for this message. The Majordomo software that
runs this listserv only processes commands in the message body. If the
subscription is successful you should receive an email asking you to
confirm the subscription. We have it set up like this to keep out spammers.

To send messages to the list, email them to:
refurbishers@refurb.compumentor.org

They will come to you one by one as other people on the listserv send them.

If you want messages to come bundled in one email message at the end of
each day, email a one-line message to majordomo@refurb.compumentor.org
that says: set refurbishers digest.

To unsubscribe: email a one-line message to
majordomo@refurb.compumentor.org that says: unsubscribe refurbishers

Questions? Please email me at jimlynch@compumentor.org

-jim

Jim Lynch
Computer Recycling & Reuse Program Manager
CompuMentor
435 Brannan St. Suite 100, San Francisco, CA 94107
Tel. 415-633-9308 (direct) 800-659-3579 x 308
Fax: 415-512-9629
jimlynch@compumentor.org
http://www.techsoup.org/recycle
http://www.compumentor.org/recycle

"È ricercando l'impossibile che l'uomo ha sempre realizzato il
possibile. Coloro che si sono saggiamente limitati a ciò che appariva
loro come possibile, non hanno mai avanzato di un solo passo."
Michail Bakunin (1814 - 1876)