Fwd: [studenti DISI] Seminario di Stallman al DISI

Valerio Fuoglio valerio.fuoglio@gmail.com
Gio 4 Set 2008 19:58:04 CEST

----------  Messaggio inoltrato  ----------

Oggetto: [studenti DISI] Seminario di Stallman al DISI
Data: giovedì 04 settembre 2008
Da: Marina Ribaudo <ribaudo@disi.unige.it>
A: allstudents@disi.unige.it

Richard Stallman, ideatore del movimento del Software Libero e fondatore
del Progetto GNU e della Free Software Foundation, terra' un seminario
al DISI la prossima settimana.

Il seminario e' aperto a tutti, inoltrate questo messaggio ai vostri
amici se
pensate possano essere interessati.

Marina Ribaudo

=================================

Titolo: Copyright vs Community in the Age of Computer Networks
Relatore: Richard Stallman
Data: 11 settembre 2008, ore 16:00, V piano (aula da definire)

Abstract:
Copyright developed in the age of the printing press, and was designed
to fit with the system of centralized copying imposed by the printing
press.  But the copyright system does not fit well with computer
networks, and only draconian punishments can enforce it.

The global corporations that profit from copyright are lobbying
for draconian punishments, and to increase their copyright powers,
while suppressing public access to technology.  But if we seriously
hope to serve the only legitimate purpose of copyright--to promote
progress, for the benefit of the public--then we must make changes in
the other direction.

Valerio Fuoglio
<valerio.fuoglio@gmail.com> - http://www.valeriofuoglio.it
KDE Developer - KIPI Plugins - http://www.kipi-plugins.org