jSVR and Java 3D API

Luca Bezzi luca.bezzi@arc-team.com
Tue Feb 23 19:59:45 CET 2010

I am working on the deb package of jSVR (software for 3D single view
reconstruction).
The software need Java 3D API to fully work. I guess Java 3D license is
not (yet?) open source, but the software should be redistributable (i
can post the license if necessary). It seems we have two choice:

1) insert jSVR in a fully working version with Java 3D API

2) insert jSVR without Java 3D API (it is working till the last step: 3D
reconstruction is not possible) and write somewhere that ArcheOS users
have to download Java 3D and put it in jre directory

The first choice would be better for newbies, but we have to check very
carefully the license. The second choice is more for expert users, but
anyway the software has some interesting graphic tools also without 3d
reconstruction (e.g Canny filter for edge detection).

I would like to know your opinion about it.

PS

I posted the same message on the forum of redmine to move the discussion
there.