Changes in gnome environment for Caesar

Fabrizio Furnari fab.furnari@gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 12:38:53 CET 2010

Hi all,
I'm working on a private branch of ArcheOS that will soon merget into the
mainstream.
Basically, instead of the *gnome* metapackage, Caesar will have only the *
gnome-core* metapackage.
This reduces the space used by the final iso (about 1.7 Gb instead of 2.0),
resolves the *bug #68* (no autologin in live) and eliminates a lot of
software from the final image (games and so on) that will be reintroduced if
we'll consider useful for archaeological purposes.
This bring also some issues:

   - Themes must be introducted specifically
   - Same for icon themes
   - The Administration and Preferences menu are pretty empty

All this means in a few words, more focusing on testing in order to
understand which software and utilities are really needed by ArcheOS users.
Contact me for any suggestion, issues and other,

Fabrizio Furnari

--
@P=split//,".URRUU\c8R";@d=split//,"\niranruF oizirbaF";sub p{
@p{"r$p","u$p"}=(P,P);pipe"r$p","u$p";++$p;($q*=2)+=$f=!fork;map{$P=$P[$f^ord