Alpha progress and updates

Fabrizio Furnari fab.furnari@gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 20:37:46 CET 2010

Hi all.
The first Alpha is going on, thanks also to Ricardo and Alberto that has
provided us some great artwork stuff (you can see it there:
http://www.archeos.eu/wiki/doku.php?id=wiki:caesarartwork).
Some updates:

   - I've split the archeos-artwork package in two different:
   - archeos-menu that contains only icons, directories for the menu and
      applications launchers. Is intended to hard-customize the standard Gnome
      menu to act like the ArcheOS one (with all submenus)
      - archeos-artwork that contains desktop wallpapers, GDM icon and
      wallpaper, GRUB splash screen and all configuration files needed
to let all
      this stuff work.

      For sure is still in a pre-usable status but this has some great
      advantages, on the top cleanness and standardization with GNOME policies.
   - I'm working on the bug
#47<https://archeos-apps.sourcerepo.com/redmine/archeos/issues/47>.
   Some workarounds has been found but nothing definitive.
   - Luca and Alessandro are working on feature
#36<https://archeos-apps.sourcerepo.com/redmine/archeos/issues/36>to
provide bundled with ArcheOS Caesar some great example data (real
   gathered from their work in Armenia). Once completed will be much more
   simpler to write tutorials.
   - The image weight has been reduced due to my decision to not include all
   GNOME enviroment but a subsection of it. This obviously had cut-off many
   important software that we added separately like the k3b burning system,
   xsane to acquire scanned documents, and so on.
   - The GUI installer now features a shiny new banner. Thanks again
   Alberto!
   - Some extra software has been added, but I'm still look for great
   nautilus extensions (do you know what I'm talking about?
   http://www.google.com/search?q=list+nautilus+extension). Propose your
   favourite!

Thanks for all your patience! First alpha will be released soon, we promise!

Fabrizio

--
@P=split//,".URRUU\c8R";@d=split//,"\niranruF oizirbaF";sub p{
@p{"r$p","u$p"}=(P,P);pipe"r$p","u$p";++$p;($q*=2)+=$f=!fork;map{$P=$P[$f^ord