databases

luca luca.bezzi@arc-team.com
Sat Feb 12 12:21:35 CET 2011

Hi Marcus,
sorry for the late answer (we had to concentrate on the alpha release in
this days).

One of the goal of ArcheOS is also to add a webgis system already done
to collect data. The problem in this is to build the structure of the
database, that has to reflect a catalogation system accepted
"internationally".
E.G. if we make something based on the ICCD (Istituto Centrale di
Documentazione e Catalogo), it would be acceptable in Italy, but
probably not in the other countries specification (this is an example of
webgis Giuseppe develped for the Soprintendenza Archeologica of Trento:
http://arc-team.homelinux.com/vervoWeb/).

So i think (but this is just my opinion and would like to know what
others think about it), that would be possible to start a kind of
sub-project to structurate a database accepet "internationally" and then
build it and insert it in ArcheOS in the form of a webgis (maybe not yet
in the fourth release... depending on the work). In the meantime we can
collect all the recording sheet we use in Italy and, if someone send us
data from other countries, we can start to compare them and find common
fields to work on.

What do you think about it?