archeos webgis

luca luca.bezzi@arc-team.com
Tue Feb 15 16:53:44 CET 2011

Hi Ricardo,
you are right to point out this problematic.
Probably the misunderstanding comes from our (Arc-Team) experience. we
are used to manage both of the tpoics with the same instruments (GIS).
Our standard "archaeological excavation management tool" is the GIS.
With it we draw vector layers (connected with database with all the
informations) over georeferenced raster map (with photomapping). So a
collection of different excavations in GIS naturally become a digital
inventory based on GIS. From GIS to webgis the step is not so long.
I would like to know some different experiences to understand better the
possibilities.
Greetings