latex in archeos

Fabrizio Furnari fab.furnari@email.it
Fri Jan 7 00:24:16 CET 2011

Hi Denis, thanks for this pretty exhaustive report on LaTeX resources.
I agree with all your ideas, but have you tested texmaker and
texlive-fonts-extra into an ArcheOS 4 or a Debian Squeeze? The dependencies
are all satisfied?
Regarding the bibliography editors I suggest to wait a little to test the
available packages so we can provide the best choice.

Fabrizio

(PS. If you need help to upload your changes into the repository feel free
to contact me!)

On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 11:16 PM, Denis Francisci
<denis.francisci@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm testing texmaker. It seems good and I think we can substitute kile for
> texmaker (as Ricardo had suggested). These are my reasons:
>
> PRO - Texmaker:
> - It's very easy to use;
> - When you install Texmaker all other dependent packages are installed
> (like for Kile);
> - Texmaker is lighter than Kile (Kile wants 168 dependend packages and 1462
> mega of space; Texmaker 58 packages and 764 mega)
> - Kile is designed for KDE and need some KDE packages, Texmaker not.
>
> CONTRA - Texmaker:
> - It misses some little functions that are in Kile, but they are not
> important function in my opinion.
>
> I suggest to install texlive-fonts-extra (it isn't installed with kile nor
> with texmaker). It is a bit great (260 mega) but it contains extra fonts for
> ancient languages: greek, ugarite, hieroglyph, etruscan, etc... very usefull
> for archaeologists!!
>

> For bibliography (bibtex) editors there are some possibilities: Kbibtex
> (KDE), pybliography, tkbibtex, jabref, etc. Usually I don't use these
> softwares but I tested some of them and I think the best for ArcheOS is
> jabref (based on java). Debian package is available.
>
> If you are agree I delete Kile from ArcheOS package list and I insert just
> texmaker - texlive-fonts-extra - jabref.
>
> Bye,
> Denis
>

> --

@P=split//,".URRUU\c8R";@d=split//,"\niranruF oizirbaF";sub p{
@p{"r$p","u$p"}=(P,P);pipe"r$p","u$p";++$p;($q*=2)+=$f=!fork;map{$P=$P[$f^ord
^$P/ix?$P:close$_}keys%p}p;p;p;p;p;map{$p{$_}=~/^[P.]/&&
close$_}%p;wait until$?;map{/^r/&&<$_>}%p;$_=$d[$q];sleep
rand(2)if/\S/;print