Archaeological DB and webgis

gerhard.oettl@ogersoft.at gerhard.oettl@ogersoft.at
Sat Mar 19 15:35:41 CET 2011

Hi

A little late: We are very interested in such a DB.

And a footnote:

We planed a "little sister" of such a DB some time ago and started coding this
month. There are strong limitations (by design - see later) but we want to get
rid of the current solution which is insufficient (and of the ms-access
dependency too).
To name the limitations ;-)
- It is heavily bound to the needs of the austrian bundesdenkmalamt (may be it
is called "State Office for Historical Monuments" in english?)
- Harrison matrix and geodata are deferred (not derminated for how long)
- Development will be slow (free-time project)
- We have to consider dependencies to existing data structure.

Nevertheless is started and a demo exists at <http://demos.ogersoft.at>.

Independend of (trying to) devolop a own solution "for now" we support the idea
of an international (or multinational) standard DB and are willing to contribute.

have a nice day
gerhard