ArcheOS VirtualBox

Domenico Giusti dncgst@gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 13:41:11 CET 2012

Dear all,

I've recently helped some students from the University of Ferrara to
install ArcheOS in their notebooks (most of the time with M$ or MAC
OS). So, as graduated FLOSS pusher of the Department, for a
low-traumatic first approach, I usually suggest to my clients to
install Virtual Box and then create their virtual ArcheOS from the
ISO. My ArcheOS (built from git repository) also runs in a VB machine,
and some times I've exported and shared my own virtual machine.

I'm thinking it could be fine if ArcheOS will also be released in a
virtual disk, like OSGeo Live does
(http://live.osgeo.org/en/quickstart/virtualization_quickstart.html).

Have you ever discussed this possibility?

Thanks