new CC package and Qkinect report

Luca Bezzi luca.bezzi@arc-team.com
Sat Nov 1 11:19:56 CET 2014

Hi all,
I tested the new CC package and it compiles perfectly. I also tested the
Qkinect plugin and it did not work with my Kinect. I report what I did
here as a reminder.
I guess the problem is in the library freenect, so I tested this library
with Kinect without results. It seems that the problem is to use Kinect
with an USB3 port (https://github.com/OpenKinect/libfreenect/issues/311)
with freenect (the library seems to work perfectly with USB2, but I
cannot test it because in my laptop there are no USB2). So I compiled on
ArcheOS 5 a fork of freenect where they fixed the problem "the dirty
way" (https://github.com/floe/libfreenect) and with this library Kinect
was working with USB3 . I think in the main trunk of freenect the issue
is closed (so it should work), but maybe the deb package for wheeze is
not up to date.
Anyway, I tried t compile CC with Qkinect and the working freenect
library. Everything compiled good, but when I start the binary of CC in
the main window the plugin icon is not activated (I just compiled the
Qkinect plugin and, to test it the gdal extension).

So this is the report by now. A question for Romain: the gdal support is
to hold geographic coordinates?

Ciao a tutti