XFCE switch proposal

Fabrizio Furnari fab.furnari@gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 14:38:24 CET 2015

Hi all,
I'd like to launch an "informal pool" on this ML about the possibility to
switch to XFCE as the default desktop environment for ArcheOS 5 Theodoric.
In a recent conversation with Luca I've noticed that the archeos-menu (
https://github.com/archeos/archeos-menu) package I'm building does not
perform well on Gnome 3 (also if is built respecting all XDG standards).

Plus, XFCE is actually less bulky and, in my opinion, closer to the legacy
ArcheOS users experience.

I've tested and developed Theodoric with XFCE for more than six months now
and seems that all is fine.
You can build the XFCE image switching to the 'xfce' branch on the main
ArcheOS repository and building the ISO as usual.

Let me know your ideas about...

Fabrizio