[ArcheOS] Wine for ArcheOS

Nicola Schiavottiello paganick@yahoo.com
Mer 27 Lug 2011 17:10:05 CEST

--- On Wed, 27/7/11, luca <luca.bezzi@arc-team.com> wrote:

From: luca <luca.bezzi@arc-team.com>
Subject: Wine for ArcheOS
To: "ArcheOS ML" <archeos-dev@lists.linux.it>, "ArcheOS ML" <archeos@lists.linux.it>
Date: Wednesday, 27 July, 2011, 9:35

Hi Nicola,
i tried to install Biosphere 3D inside my version of WINE (1.0.1-3.1) in ArcheOS. The installation was ending without problems, but the software did not rune. I found out that the problem was a missing Windows library (msvcr90.dll). I downloaded it from internet, but actually i don't know where the software is looking for it (i downloaded the binary version of Biosphere3D). Maybe the simplest solution is really to compile a version of Biosphere3D for ArcheOS. Anyway i tried also to virtualize a version of Windows and install Biopshere3D there, but it is also not workng.

Actually i have two doubts:
1) my hardware is not powerfull enought for Biosphere3?
2) my Windows version is too old (both, the virtualized one and WINE)?

By now i am stucked. I will try to update the driver and see if it will work.

Ciao.