[ArcheOS] Digest di ArcheOS, Volume 34, Numero 4

luca.bezzi luca.bezzi@arc-team.com
Ven 28 Dic 2012 10:09:46 CET

Grazie Roberto,
la lista sul wiki era stata fatta prima dell'aggiunta di VTP in ArcheOS 4. Due occhi in pių sono sempre buoni, grazie per la segnalazione! A presto!

From: "ArcheOS" archeos-bounces+luca.bezzi=arc-team.com@lists.linux.it
To: archeos@lists.linux.it
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 19:16:19 +0100
Subject: Re: [ArcheOS] Digest di ArcheOS, Volume 34, Numero 4

Luca, Alessandro e Fabrizio,

> nella lista avete dimenticato Virtual Terrain Project.

> Ciao

> Roberto>
2012/12/27  <archeos-request@lists.linux.it>>
Invia le richieste di iscrizione alla lista ArcheOS all'indirizzo>
        archeos@lists.linux.it

Per iscriverti o cancellarti attraverso il web, visita>
        http://lists.linux.it/listinfo/archeos>
oppure, via email, manda un messaggio con oggetto `help' all'indirizzo>
        archeos-request@lists.linux.it

Puoi contattare la persona che gestisce la lista all'indirizzo>
        archeos-owner@lists.linux.it

Se rispondi a questo messaggio, per favore edita la linea dell'oggetto>
in modo che sia pių utile di un semplice "Re: Contenuti del digest>
della lista ArcheOS..."

Argomenti del Giorno:

   1.  ArcheOS 5, CAD options (luca.bezzi)>
   2.  useful page for CAD comparison (luca.bezzi)

Message: 1>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2012 17:50:49 +0100>
From: "luca.bezzi" <luca.bezzi@arc-team.com>>
To: archeos-dev@lists.linux.it,archeos@lists.linux.it>
Subject: [ArcheOS] ArcheOS 5, CAD options>

Hi all,>
after an hard work on the excavations we should have time to start again with ArcheOS 5 development. I would like to check every week a software category, starting form the software list of ArcheOS 4 that you can read on github wiki (https://github.com/archeos/ArcheOS/wiki/Package-list) or in ATOR (http://arc-team-open-research.blogspot.co.at/2012/11/archeos-4-software-list.html), also to update the software selection for ArcheOS 5, that will be written in the wiki (https://github.com/archeos/ArcheOS/wiki/Package-list-%28Theodoric%29)I will start with the CAD category, which should be the first one. By now in ArcheOS 4 we have two software: QCAD (for 2D) and FreeCAD (for 3D). We already agreed to change QCAD with LibreCAD (which seems to be closer to Free Software philosophy and probably will develop faster than QCAD). FreeCAD should be confirmed, it seems to be a very good software. We still have the question regarding BRLCAD. That's my opinion about this software:>

pros:- very powerful software (developed mainly by US Army)- possibility to analyze the 3D models also considering the different materials>
- there is already a packaged versioncons:>
- difficult to use>
- not yet tested in archaeology>

To summarize, it would be simple to add BRLCAD to ArcheOS and the software would give the possibility to do very advanced analyses on 3D models, butmaybe it is a too specific tool.>
What's your opinion about it?>