[ArcheOS] R: GPS track to polygon

Domenico Giusti dncgst@gnewarchaeology.it
Gio 17 Apr 2014 13:33:51 CEST

Ciao Alberto,

thanks for your suggestion. I will try v.hull, specially preserving the
z value.

Some more explanation:

We plan the area before, but on the field we want to define the bounding
box of the survey unit, because on the field we have a better view of
the geological and sediment characteristics. At the same time, we survey
the area as usual, marking point for finds. (However, without finds, we
want to map the survey unit)

We survey a geological complex region in Greece, a very dynamic
landscape, with a lot of faults and geo-horizons changes. We specially
look for profiles / exposed sections, searching for paleolithic
stratified finds.

Then, I would like to preserve the 3 dimension of the survey unit
polygon, mapping also vertical sections and inner points.

Thanks for comment!

P.S.
In the database, SU table in related to Site/Find table (1 to many).