[Barcode] Barcode library and C++

Alessandro Rubini rubini@gnu.org
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 11:50:35 +0200

Hello Dani.

> ... GCC says it won't compile it, and I've only changed the name of
> the source file..?

Unfotunately, the C compiler depends on the file name to know the file
type.  So it compiles using C++ if the name is ".cpp". This is a bad
thing (tm), there for historical compatibility (on the other hand,
lynx refuses to parse files with arbitrary names even if they start
with "<html>" -- this is a huge bug, in my opinion).

I think the problem is the header file. external declarations should
be protected by ``extern "C" {'' and ``}''. I'll send a patch today (a
new release is scheduled for next week anyways, with better
documentation on possibly postnet support).

Ehm... EAN128 is next on my list :)

/alessandro